[[ ANN ]] Release 10.0.0 DP-5

Håkan Liljegren hakan at exformedia.se
Fri Apr 21 18:46:52 EDT 2023

For me following the steps it doesn’t crash but I get an empty widget without any visible label when I am supposed to create a new widget. If I follow through with the code still nothing is visible. If I create a new script only stack and copy the code of the Square widget. I can create a widget that is placed in the upper left corner. But I see none of the properties in the inspector.
If I open the Extension Builder and load the widget and test it it works!

When trying to build a simple widget it is super easy to crash LiveCode.

If you use the id of the control but misses the id key word anywhere it crashes. Like:
set the backgroundColor of control sMyControlID
instead of
set the backgroundColor of control id sMyControlID

But now it moves forward anyway!

My best tips so far: Save often and load the widget via the Extensions Builder

Happy coding!