[[ ANN ]] Release 10.0.0 DP-5

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Fri Apr 21 08:02:14 EDT 2023

Hakan,

as far as I know

you have to create a script only stack and name it for example
se.eformedia.widget.MyButton

Then add a openControl handler to the script and put the part of your script into it that creates the internal widget controls.

Create a resizeControl handler in which you put any code that is responsible for resizing the controls.

Use getProp and SetProp handlers to add properties for the control
As long as the stack is in memory you do not need to use the extension builder to test the script widget.
You could just use the message box and execute the following:

create widget as "se.eformedia.widget.MyButton"

use here the name of the stack you used at the beginning.

To build the widget using  the extension builder you'll need to add some more to the script. You could use the following sample stack as an example
https://livecode.com/documents/sample-script-widget.zip
The link to that stack was posted in the Blog here https://livecode.com/livecode-10-dp-5-smaller-faster-richer/

My problem currently is, that LC crashes to Desktop right away when I try to build the widget using the extension builder.
In my opinion this should not happen. There should be some routine that prevents LC from crashing when there is a problem with building the script widget.
But it's a DP so let's see.

Regards,
Matthias