error while signing Android app

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Thu Apr 20 15:15:10 EDT 2023

Hi Jacque,

> Am 20.04.2023 um 18:11 schrieb J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>
> I did a search for the first few words of the error message and got a lot of hits. Here's one:
> https://stackoverflow.com/users/login?ssrc=head&returnurl=https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f23750259%2fcertificate-chain-not-found-how-to-fix-and-publish-to-google-play-store
>
> There are several solutions but it sounds like the keystore file can't be found,

??? I added this in the Standalone Application Setting.
So it IS present and LC knows where it is! Not?
Maybe I misunderstand this completely...

> or else the alias name doesn't match the keystore fillename. It may be that the keystore tool you're using assigned a different alias name.

Isn't that the meaning of an ALIAS?
That it can be named differently than the original?

> I wonder if diacriticals or foreign characters may interfere.
> Name your alias and keystore with a single word using only plain ascii, no spaces or punctuation.
> The outside world will never see it.

I did, only used ASCII and UNDERSCORES, NO spaces and umlauts etc.

> It's not hard to just use Terminal to generate your own keystore. That way you know what's in there.

I did and got different errors! :-/
Oh my...

Matthias Rebbe helped me out and created a keystore file for me,
will test it tomorrow and report here about success or fail. :-)

> --
> Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw.com
> On April 20, 2023 4:16:55 AM Klaus major-k via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>>> Am 19.04.2023 um 22:08 schrieb Klaus major-k via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>>>
>>> Hi Jacque,

>>> no, that looks like it has been fixed in LC 9.6.9 stable.
>>> No, that happens after I had entered all the passwords.
>>
>> I don't even know what the dialog ist trying to tell me.
>> Any ideas? Thank you.

Best

Klaus

--