Problem signing Android app

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Wed Apr 12 13:06:31 EDT 2023

Hi Jacque,

> Am 12.04.2023 um 18:58 schrieb J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>
> I think the option to allow Google to manage the keys only appears the first time you upload a new app.

OK, will take a deeper look once I upload the new app.

> Maybe there's a way to retake control of the keys?

Nope! Google explicitely states that they will NOT share any of their keys.
Will try and look better next time.

> Is there any info in the app page that tells you who has control of the keys?
>
> If you can verify that Google is managing the keys, and you can't regain control, then I think the only fix is for LC to update the SB to recognize an upload key.

Ouch, that may take a couple of versions of LC until that will happen and I'm already 66. 8-)
Will create a new report/enhancement request tomorrow.

I will have to dive deeper into the "Google Play Console"...

> --
> Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw.com
> On April 12, 2023 11:19:40 AM Klaus major-k via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Jacque,
>>
>>> Am 12.04.2023 um 18:12 schrieb J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>>> Did you agree to let Google manage your keys?
>>
>> to be honest, I did not find that one (yet) on the Google Dev pages!?
>> Any hints much appreciated!
>>
>>> If so you need to create an upload key, which I think is different from the original signing key.
>>> LC may not recognize that format.
>>
>> Yes, that's what I experienced.
>> See below, LC told me about a wrong format of the key file.
>>
>>> I've never let Google manage my keys so I'm not sure how that works.
>>> --
>>> Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw.com
>>> HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Best