Unable to load Preferences LC 9.6.9rc3 and Levure 9.0.5

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Mon Apr 10 06:23:31 EDT 2023

On 2023-04-08 14:58, bob--- via use-livecode wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone might be able to help me out. I’m trying to
> use LC 9.6.9rc3 with an app built with Levure. With LC 9.6.9rc2 I am
> able to open the app in the IDE with no issue.
>
> When I try to open the app with LC 9.6.9rc3 I get “An error occurred
> while initializing the application [unable to load external
> Preferences]”. I’m tracing through the Levure script now and can see
> in fact the Preference stack is not being loaded. I’ve confirmed
> Preferences.bundle is at the location referenced in the script.
>
> Can anyone steer me in a direction for a fix to this?

So you'll need to (for now) use `Get Info` on LiveCode.app in Finder,
and ask it to 'open in rosetta'... Then when building any standalones,
disable generating a the arm64 slice (you can do this in the MacOS pane
of standalone settings).

The reason is isn't working is that the preferences external included in
Levure does not have a ARM64 slice - so won't load when the engine is
running using that architecture.

The preferences external will need to be rebuilt with an arm64 slice and
included in Levure.

(When looking at this the other day, I did notice that Levure has an LCB
extension which can do preferences stuff on macOS - bypassing the need
for an external, but I couldn't see how you opt to use that instead of
the external).

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Build Amazing Things