Sockets (again)

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Apr 5 11:13:51 EDT 2023

Thanks Phil. Yes I learned the hard way with my SQL Agent to base64encode anything over sockets. And yes I do append a numtochar(13) coming and going and strip it off before decoding and read until numToChar(13). I don't use cr because I am uncertain how each OS platform treats it. The Server Agent could be running on anything in the future.

I also instituted a debugging log and determined the File Server Agent is getting the payload and sending the result back, but for whatever reason the client side is not getting the result. It may be that I have to initiate some kind of delay on the server side because the assumption has to be that the reply is getting sent before the client starts listening.

Bob S