Hacking LiveCode

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Sun Sep 25 12:58:40 EDT 2022

On 9/25/2022 12:41 PM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode wrote:
> chasing all the things that aren't documented, but you need to know about
> LCB took me back into hacking liveCode.
> it's just getting started. if you have tools or pointers, the
> repo/wiki/issues/discussion are at https://github.com/macMikey/LC-HACK
> Project 1: extracting all properties of a widget (because "export" does not
> export the "base" LC object properties) and applying those properties to an
> updated version of the widget (because LC is releasing updates to the
> megabundle widgets almost weekly)
> Project 2: documenting the LC IDE API's?

A clarification please: Are you saying that if I have version 1.1.2 of
PolyGrid (as an example) installed and I have made a stack using 1 or
more Polygrids and I now download and install version 1.3.1 (or some
newer version) of PolyGrid, that when I open my stack the PolyGrids in
that stack do not update from 1.1.2 to 1.3.1?

If so, this is a terrible disadvantage of any use of widgets. I feel I
must be misunderstanding why exporting properties to re-apply them is
needed for updates.