System Time Zone

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Wed Sep 14 11:09:00 EDT 2022

Does your app has preferences the user can enter? Why not allow him to enter also the sudo password?
You could then use that to execute the following shell command:

put shell("echo <password> | sudo -S /usr/sbin/systemsetup -gettimezone")

replace <password> with the password in preferences. No need to use Applescript.

Regards,
Matthias