Cross-platform font handling, and why you don't want to do it

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Tue Sep 6 13:13:10 EDT 2022

Sorry to drag this thread on, but it appears that using embedded fonts is worse that I first imagined.

After I had set all my label fields to Acme, I repositioned them so that they were contacting the field to the right of them, and I right aligned them all so they had a consistent look.

I just noticed however that when I quit Livecode, then relaunch it and open the stack, all the text of the labels appear out of alignment! If I open the Property Editor and select the Font tab, then click one of the labels in Edit mode, the text realigns correctly! As I click each label, that text also realigns. If I set a label to the default system font, this does not happen.

That sucks. Big time. At this point I do not know if it is just this particular font, or if it happens to all embedded fonts, but I am fairly taken back.

Bob S