Printing (Preview in LC/screen vs Printer/PDF)

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Sun Oct 23 16:52:17 EDT 2022

I know this topic has been covered previously, probably many many times,
but my search skills are failing me.

We have a "printing stack" in our app that, among other things, provides
a "Print Preview" view. This takes the printer margins, page size,
orientation, etc and creates a stack with the dimensions of the page and
some guidelines showing the margins, headers, footers, and so on. A
rectangle "PrintArea", is set to the available print area inside the
margins. Whatever is being printed is then placed inside this
"PrintArea". So if the contents of a field is being printed a field is
sized fit inside the "PrintArea" and bottom of the field is adjusted by
the pageHeights. If am image is being printed, the image is scaled to
fit inside the "PrintArea" and so on.

All well and good, except for images. If I size and image to fit ON THE
SCREEN within the "PrintArea" and then I print it (to a Printer OR to
PDF, the image appear are roughly 1/4 size. I assume this is the 72/75
dpi screen resolutions being put on a 300 dpi PDF or printer?

Is there some easy Livecode trick to just get images to print in a PDF
or on paper at the same size as seen on the screen?

Thank you in advance!