LC -> Applescript -> Chrome

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Oct 11 15:27:10 EDT 2022

jbv wrote:
> I have a stack that interacts with Chrome via Applescript.
> It has been running fine for months.
> Suddenly, one command line began to stall the whole process,
> with the spinning wheel spinning forever.
>
> And when I run the same Applescript in the script editor,
> it still runs fine as before.
> The line is :
> tell application "System Events" to click at {x, y}
> I am using LC 9.6.8
>
> What should I look at to fix the issue ?

At first this struck me as potentially an intentional change from Apple
for security purposes, but a quick DuckDuckGo search shows many having
the same AppleScript issue with "click at":
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=macOS+applescript+%22click+at%22

Interesting discussions, but I didn't see a proposed solution that works
for Mavericks.  I also didn't look that hard; there may be a fix out
there. Or it may be a bug in macOS.  But at least it isn't you. :)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems