PDF Printing

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Tue Oct 4 11:20:57 EDT 2022

I am getting different results using "open printing to pdf" vs standard printing to a printer.   I have a card with a single field on it with some formatted text in it.   If I print the card to a printer using "open printing with dialog" it all looks perfect (even if I choose to save it to PDF in the print dialog).   But, if I use the "open printing to pdf" method, it get wrong fonts and inconsistent tab spacings.   Here is the EXACT code I am using:

on mouseUp currSName
  put (the hilite of btn "printAsPDF" of stack "ReportOptions") into printAsPDF

  if printAsPDF then
    ask file "Save As PDF:" with (currSName & ".pdf")
    put it into pdfPath
    open printing to pdf pdfPath
  else
    open printing with dialog
  end if

  if the result is "Cancel" then
    exit mouseUp
  end if

  print card 1 of stack "GB_PReport"
  close printing
end mouseUp

Here are examples of the printouts (the PDFs):
Print to PDF - https://www.clearvisiontech.com/WORKING/PrintToPDF1.pdf
Print to Printer - https://www.clearvisiontech.com/WORKING/PrintToPDF2.pdf

Any thoughts or ideas?

LC 9.6.8