correct iphoneSafeAreaInsets in iPad simulator?

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Wed Nov 30 13:59:27 EST 2022

Hi friends,

here two screenshots from my app in the Apple iPad simulator:
<https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x4165mhvr61ldsg/AADEsPdI_rbtJHzCVOMF6woMa?dl=1>

Same app***, same scripting, same "resizestack" handler taking iphoneSafeAreaInsets()
into account and reposition objects accordingly.

***Only difference is that I disabled the group of buttons in the middle in one simulator.

Please notice the much larger area of empty space below the navigation widget and above
the text field at the top in the screenshot of the iPad Pro (11-inch) (3rd generation).

Is this a bug, a feature or just some inconvenience of the simulator?

Any insight welcome, thank you!

Best

Klaus
--