Lock screen challenge

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Nov 21 16:24:15 EST 2022

I'm updating a very old set of stacks that use old HC syntax for "lock screen". A search with
LC's Find utility says there are 723 instances that may need to be changed. Right now they look
like this:

lock screen
-- do any number of things
unlock screen with <effect>

These all need to be changed to:

lock screen for visual effect
-- do any number of things
unlock screen with visual effect <effect>

The challenge is that not all "lock screen" commands use a visual effect, some are simple
lock/unlock pairs. I need to automate this. The visual effects are not all the same. Some
handlers have multiple instances of locking the screen with or without a visual effect.

I'd use a regex if I could, but back references aren't supported (or are they now?) I really
don't want to do this manually.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com