LC Date Conversions post 2035

Mark Clark markclark at mac.com
Sun Nov 6 21:27:03 EST 2022

I was testing one of the tools I use to handle licensing today and decided to run the series through a few iterations adding 2 years at a time. I noticed that my dates were reverting to the 20th c. Hmm, whoops.

After a bit of head scratching I decided it wasn't just my doing.

Date conversion sort of works but the output can lead to trouble in the future. I've done a few tests and some lengthy, but if anyone cares to perform the "short test," please do.

Change your date to 12/31/2034; then change to 2035.

run this:

put the date into test
convert test to dateitems

answer item 1 of test --works in 2034; broken in 2035

Mark