Confirm sort container order...

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Wed Mar 30 16:05:31 EDT 2022

On 3/30/22 12:39, Paul Dupuis via use-livecode wrote:

> Is this "correct"? This is what the dictionary entry is referring to as
> a "stable sort"?

That's correct. Here's something I do to sort the executionContexts:

# display grouped by object, then handler, then by line number and depth
sort numeric tProfiles by item 4 of each # depth
sort numeric tProfiles by item 1 of each # line number
sort tProfiles by item 2 of each # handler
sort tProfiles by item 3 of each # group by object

> I just get this, but my mind is confusing me today.

Yeah. Not exactly intuitive.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com