Counting Syllables

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Sun Mar 20 14:51:14 EDT 2022

Hi Richmond,

Yes, English. Sorry I forgot to be specific, I thought it was implied.

Yes, I have been counting vowels, but there appear to be a lot of exceptions,
so there must be a lot more rules.

I need to know what all the rules are to make it work if possible.

There are websites out there on the internet that will count
syllables in whatever text given to them so it must be possible.
How are they doing it?  Is it an algorithm ,or are they comparing
the words to a database table that has all the dictionary information?

Thanks,

Rick