How to extract a video clip...

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Sat Mar 19 15:18:22 EDT 2022

On 3/19/2022 2:55 PM, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode wrote:
> You could use ffmpeg for this.
>
> Here‘s a post where it is described how to do it
>
> https://superuser.com/questions/377343/cut-part-from-video-file-from-start-position-to-end-position-with-ffmpeg

I have (and still am) considering ffmpeg. It was what I was alluding to
with the mention of a command line utility called by shell() in my
original post. To bundle the macOS (~35mb) and Windows (~77mb) adds that
size (or that compressed) to my Standalone, so my app can install it on
the users system (I have the sort of computer novice customers that you
do NOT want to ask to download additional software of). That's not too
bad a size increase as my App sits at about 200-230mb currently.

Still, I asked the USE-LIST as you never know whether some one out there
has made a widget that could just be part of the standalone app or
someone knows of a clever technique or a smaller utility

Thank you.