Text overwriting itself in non wrapping field

David V Glasgow dvglasgow at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 07:02:59 EDT 2022

Fixed line height didn’t fix the problem but thanks for the suggestion.

However, looking more closely there are 3 visible characters where cr should be.   They are â9u except 9u is constant and the first character is almost always there, but varies wildly.  Often an underscore but also accented a, e or u.  Even more weirdly, if I search the field for ‘9u', several lines are found, but not any in the mutant line.

And yet more weirdly again, when the line is displayed in a field with wrap true, the weird three characters appear at the beginning of ‘new lines’ except they are not actually new lines because they highlight as a single block.  An invisible form feed?  or something else between 9 and u  that a wrapping field decides is a wrap point but confuses the hell out of a non-wrapping field?

If I thought this was just a weird one off, I would shrug my shoulders and move on.

Shall I do that, and we will never speak of this again?

Best wishes,

David G