Text overwriting itself in non wrapping field

David V Glasgow dvglasgow at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 11:58:54 EDT 2022

Hi folks,

I have imported just under 10,000 lines of a web history into a non wrapping scrollable field.  As the subject above indicates, in one line characters appear rendered over the top of each other.  The is quite stable, so redrawing or scrolling doesn’t make it go away.

That line is pretty long, but not longer than field limits - 10693 chars

Examining it, it looks like it ought to be a number of separate lines, and it also contains weird visible and also white space that is not a simple space.  I can’t see any recognisable pattern to suggest where cr should be.

Any suggestions about what is going on and how I might fix it?

Cheers

David Glasgow