:MEMORY: databases and Windows

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Thu Mar 17 06:03:22 EDT 2022

On 2022-03-16 22:07, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode wrote:
> Once again you nailed it. Still, this is a bug, minor though it may
> be. In the past I was told that it MUST be capitalized. Now it seems
> capitalized only works on the mac while all lowercase works on both
> platforms. <sigh> squared.

FWIW I don't think this is a bug.

In the SQLite documentation it explicitly states ':memory:' lowercase.

We don't process the filename we pass to the SQLite library, so I can't
explain the difference between macOS and Windows.

Looking at the sqlite sourcecode - it does a case-sensitive comparison
between the filename passed and ':memory:'.

So, I suggest using ':memory:' as stated by SQLite and all will be well
:)

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps