revOpenDatabase over SSH tunnel?

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Mon Mar 14 14:24:57 EDT 2022

I can't speak for most of the world, but in the past where we've directly
connected to MySQL over the internet that's always been limited by IP (which
as you doubtless know is built-in to the permissions system).

The difference for me in this case is that instead of talking to a dedicated
server, we're accessing a shared managed database service - hence these
additional measures make sense.