Speed up a slow loop

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Mar 10 16:01:59 EST 2022

On 3/9/22 5:09 PM, Alex Tweedly via use-livecode wrote:

>   - you can reuse the same tile later in a word (e.g.
> Y  L  A
> X  E  T
>
> would allow "lately" as a word.
>
> OR
>
> - you can double-up on a tile (e.g. M I L would allow 'mill')
> (more important if you're British than if you're American :-)

That's CHEATING! :) But while I've been testing I thought of a way I'd like to play. You can
get credit for a made-up word if you can supply a clever enough definition for it that the
other players agree is good enough.

Something like these neologisms (winners in the 2005 neologism contest,) only not real words
like these are:

1. Coffee (n.), the person upon whom one coughs.
2. Flabbergasted (adj.), appalled over how much weight you have gained.
3. Abdicate (v.), to give up all hope of ever having a flat stomach.
4. Esplanade (v.), to attempt an explanation while drunk.
5. Willy-nilly (adj.), impotent.
6. Negligent (adj.), describes a condition in which you
absentmindedly answer the door in your nightgown.
7. Lymph (v.), to walk with a lisp.
8. Gargoyle (n.), olive-flavored mouthwash.
9. Flatulence (n.) emergency vehicle that picks you up after you are
run over by a steamroller.
10. Balderdash (n.), a rapidly receding hairline.
11. Testicle (n.), a humorous question on an exam.
12. Rectitude (n.), the formal, dignified bearing adopted by
proctologists.
13. Pokemon (n), a Rastafarian proctologist.
14. Oyster (n.), a person who sprinkles his conversation with Yiddishisms.
15. Frisbeetarianism (n.), the belief that, when you die, your Soul
flies up onto the roof and gets stuck there.
16. Circumvent (n.), an opening in the front of boxer shorts worn by
Jewish males

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com