revOpenDatabase over SSH tunnel?

doc hawk dochawk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 15:08:46 EST 2022

bob blipped,

> Livecode currently can only send one statement per query to *any* sql server, at least that is what I have come to understand.

Trust me, I send a single transaction of several hundred SELECT every time I open a debtor “file”.

Not being able to do updates as a block, though, could give me inconsistencies if I could have both failures and successes in the same set, to the point of having to pack my bags and go home.

> But I do not think issuing many queries from livecode is the bottleneck, but rather the ability of the SQL server to respond.

I happened to have a notable latency at  the time, which made things far worse.  But when you have a great many, you have a built in 2n*latency lag, even if the transactions themselves took no time.