revOpenDatabase over SSH tunnel?

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Thu Mar 10 11:14:20 EST 2022

I am not sure what SSH tunneling is, but I did a proof of concept where I had an LC client app communicating with an LC server app that encrypted the data at the client end before sending it, and the server end decrypted it. I just used non-secured sockets. I used AES encryption with a key only I know, and a method for corrupting the data in a way only the server can "cleanse".

I suppose some may advise me on what is wrong with this method, and I welcome the input, but it worked for me. No unencrypted data went "over the wire".

The reason I developed this method is because I do not want to deal with expiring security certificates or secure websites to handle the data transfer. The method works out of the box.

Bob S