Speed up a slow loop

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Mar 4 19:12:08 EST 2022

On 3/4/22 2:33 PM, Neville Smythe via use-livecode wrote:
> Jacque, are you trying to keep the whole of SOWPODS in memory the whole time? That’s a 2.5MB file. It sounds to me like you are getting virtual memory thrashing.

I'm thinking the same thing, it's the only explanation. I stopped using SOWPODS and things got
a bit faster after I substituted a file half that size.

I'm sure you and Bob are right about using a database, but I'm not a database person and I
wouldn't know where to start. If anyone wants to help, you can have a free copy of my
already-free game...

Probably we shouldn't cluter the list with that, but there's email.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com