RIP David Boggs

Stephen Barncard stephen at barncard.com
Tue Mar 1 13:45:44 EST 2022

The NYT claim that I have used up all of my “free views” this month is a
LIE.

Anyway, the New York Times is all about Rupert Murdoch now as far as I’m
concerned. Not exactly trusted.

I’m glad that Boggs invented ethernet. I remember when I first heard about
it; I was at a seminar for Covis in 1980 - all their Star Terminals in the
room were connected via ethernet. Later that year I had a job interview
with Andy Moore to possibly work at Sprocket systems in San Rafael
(Lucasfilm) and they also had a network of star terminals all over the
facility.

I didn’t have a degree so I didn’t get that second call. But it was good to
see my friends at work there, one eventually got an Academy award for his
work on Star Wars.

On Tue, Mar 1, 2022 at 10:32 Mark Wieder via use-livecode <

> On 3/1/22 10:26, Stephen Barncard via use-livecode wrote:
> > Paywall
>
> Opened without a paywall for me.
> That last quote is a keeper.
>
> --