Have we lost the Oracle driver?

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Tue Mar 1 12:45:13 EST 2022

Hi Mark,

Thanks for responding. Indeed 'the revLicenseInfo` returned "...commercial".
After re-licensing, it now says "...professional" - however, I still can't
open a connection to an Oracle database.

Re-licensing *did* make a difference: whereas previously it broke into the
debugger, and (sometimes) displayed the error
 > execution error at line n/a (External handler execution error:
revdberr,driver not licensed for this edition)

now revOpenDatabase simply returns
 > revdberr,invalid database type

So I guess it's not a licensing issue any more, which is good; but I still
can't get at the database! Can you suggest where my next issue might be?

Many thanks,

Ben