nsScriptDatabase (and long id's)

Neville Smythe neville.smythe at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jun 30 21:44:02 EDT 2022

I have uploaded version 3 of nsScriptDatabase to Sample Stacks, and the standalones are at

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6z4yuw55rnvub3t/AAB3jJ9yO4l2zCOoDq1uO7L2a?dl=0

This version addresses the issues with groups caused by my misplaced expectations raised in the thread about long id’s of grouped controls, as well as some more serious bugs. Existing users should read the info page accessed from the i button. Hopefully this version is finally fit for purpose.

Referring back briefly to that thread, which rather ran away with itself, I was struck once again how useful was the old version of the dictionary in which users could add notes to the entries, to augment, exemplify, elucidate or even correct documentation. In this case I would have added to the long id entry a note to the effect that the paragraph concerning the long id of a group also applied to the long id of controls contained in groups, even if the group was not explicitly mentioned. Did that feature disappear just because of the new implementation of the Dictionary, or was it killed because it needed moderation?

Neville