On API keys...

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Jun 24 18:23:04 EDT 2022

Mr. (Or should I say Doctor) Waddingham! This is a really brilliant essay on the risk, benefits and rewards in multiple scenarios concerning the storage of keys. I’ve mentioned before that I came up with the idea of “poisoning” the encrypted data before the data was transmitted. If intercepted in transit, the data itself could never be decrypted without knowing how it was poisoned and what was needed to “cleanse” it. And that would require access to either the API of the device doing the corruption or the cleansing, or else someone who knew the method.

By using this method, all but physical and social vectors are nullified. And control of those vectors is an illusion.

Bob S

Sent from my iPhone