{OT} Are there any ffmpeg "experts" on this list?

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Fri Jun 24 12:23:02 EDT 2022

On 2022-06-24 17:05, Paul Dupuis via use-livecode wrote:
> I was unaware of the mediaFoundation library - I had thought that we'd
> not see support under LiveCode 10 switches from DirectShow to
> MediaFoundation.

Its actually been buried in the product (business/pro features) for a
long time - I had forgotten about it until relatively recently...

> That said, our application is macOS and Windows and the appeal of
> ffmpeg via shell is that the same code will work across platforms for
> us.

FWIW, I *think* mergAV can do similar things on macOS* to the
mediafoundation external on Windows - although the APIs, while similar,
do require different code.

However, if you are using ffmpeg for things other than concatenating
tracks/movies (i.e. the features those libraries provide) then the
separate code needed wouldn't be worth it to save inclusion of ffmpeg.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps