arrayencode

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Thu Jun 23 08:23:04 EDT 2022

On 23/06/2022 10:31, Ralf Bitter via use-livecode wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> the JSONtoArray() function is part of the mergJSON external.
> The README of this external describes how to use this function
> and it's counterpart JSONtoArray as follows:

Thanks Ralf. I did see that code in the dictionary - but it also says
that those functions are provided in
thews.goulding.script-library.mergjson library, so (I think) I shouldn't
need to put them in myself.

In fact, I did try it anyway - but that simply changes the error to
"handler not found: mergJSONDecode"

> Another option would be to load the JSON extension and to use
> the JsonImport() function.

Didn't know about jsonImport; it's not mentioned in the dictionary, but
I now see it shows up in a few lessons, etc.

However,I think the real problem for me is "... to load the JSON
extension ...". I wasn't aware I had to load those extensions which are
already part of the standard package (maybe I did that years ago and
have had time to forget :-).

I can't find anything about loading extensions other than what to do in
the IDE.

How do you load extensions to LC Server ?  On a shared web provider ?
(on-rev)

Thanks,
Alex