Stylistic question.

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Wed Jun 22 21:11:44 EDT 2022

J.:
Not true on the remote debugging.
Everything I write is for mobes. Literally everything. Except for the
server code for the mobes, but comparatively speaking, there are many,
many, many more lines in the mobe code than there is in the server code.
All of these behaviors are in script-only-stacks. I have zero difficulty
debugging them with the remote debugger.
I have not found that I have too many files, but I also organize them into
folders, as needed, and I do just about all of my editing in Sublime, which
makes keeping the project straight very easy.
The dislike I have for switch is a personal thing. I get that it's very
similar to the way switch is used in other tongues. Maybe it's the way it
looks. Maybe it's the break at the end of each segment. I don't know. It
always feels clunky to write and it feels clunky to read.

On Wed, Jun 22, 2022 at 4:25 PM Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <

> Well then Navigator is for you! If an object has a behavior and no script
> of it's own, it's color in the list is green. If it has a script but no
> behavior, it's color is blue. If it has both, it's purple. Simply double
> clicking an object opens it's behavior script if it has one, and it's
> native script if it doesn't.
>
> You don't have to keep track of anything anymore.
>
> Bob S
>

> > On Jun 22, 2022, at 12:41 , J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <
> >
> > I find that too many behavior stacks make it difficult to keep track of
> where things are. But the primary downside is that script-only stacks don't
> work with remote debugging. That's a big drawback for me since most of my
> apps these days are for mobile. I do use behaviors quite a bit, but I put
> the scripts into buttons so they can be debugged remotely. Or maybe you
> mean you use regular stacks for behaviors? Those would work.
> >
> > The switch construct is way more flexible than if/then and much cleaner
> to read and track. I use them all the time. They're especially useful when
> you want to group several conditionals. What don't you like about them?
> Just curious.
> >
> > --
> > Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw.com

   and did a little diving.