M1 Macs and LC 9.6.8 RCs and 10.0.0 RCs

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Mon Jun 20 10:50:32 EDT 2022

On 2022-06-18 21:27, matthias rebbe via use-livecode wrote:
> So, the question now is, is this a macOS problem or is it possible
> that a standalone could show the wrong setting due to a wrong
> configuration or so when it is created.

It is a macOS (Finder) bug - I think it was the same when they added
32-bit vs 64-bit, and probably Intel vs PowerPC.

There's a plist entry 'LSArchitecturePriority' which is the order in
which the different slices should be used - currently we have x86-64
then arm64 and it seems the Finder doesn't use this to determine whether
to show the Rosetta box as checked or not when the user hasn't
explicitly prodded it in the past (which obviously they won't have done
for new apps / those which didn't have the option before!).

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps