MacOS on M1: forcing universal app to open using rosetta from terminal?

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Mon Jun 6 18:01:20 EDT 2022

Not strictly speaking a LiveCode question, but...

I've resolved what I thought was possibly an LC confusion as my
misunderstanding. With a universal app on an M1 Mac, you can set a checkbox in
the "Get Info" properties inspector of the app to "Open using Rosetta". But
this checkbox only affects launching the app from the Finder. If you check
this box on a universal binary, then launch it from the Terminal, it always
runs the 'native' code.

Is there a way to run the intel code from a universal binary under Rosetta
from the command line?

TIA,

Ben