Property Sheet for LC (was Re: Right click in field for menu)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jun 3 22:18:04 EDT 2022

Inspectors are great in consumer tools because they provide a convenient
way for less technical types to access the relatively small number of
properties needed for the narrow range of tasks most consumer apps provide.

Property Sheets are the go-to for most professional development tools
because they provide a complete list of all properties supported GUI
objects can support. Sooner or later you'll need even the most obscure
properties, and by listing them all you can anticipate what's there to
help solve problems like the focus issue in this thread.

LiveCode doesn't yet have a Property Sheet, so many devs aren't aware of
the full rich scope of LC's object properties. And when they are, it
means opening the Message Box and typing the setting statement by hand.

So I made a Property Sheet for LC some time ago, accessible right from
your IDE: in the Development menu see Plugins -> GoLiveNet, and you'll
find "4W Props" in the Stacks section.

It updates to show the full list of properties for the current selected
object, and even provides a custom property editor as well.

--
Richard Gaskin
Fourth World Systems