wait 0 with messages

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jul 31 15:14:39 EDT 2022

On 7/31/22 12:04 AM, Mark Wieder via use-livecode wrote:

> I don't think "wait 0" by itself does anything useful. Make a stack with two buttons. Running
> the script in the first button will prevent mouseUp events in button 2 from being processed.

I think it must do something, "wait 0" is a workaround for bug 22453 (and 18924 which is now
marked as a duplicate.) I had to use the workaround and it works.

So my take is that any wait allows LC to do housekeeping, and "with messages" also allows
app-generated messages. I'd like to get a confirmation from the team though.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com