Livecode Builder developer wanted

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Thu Jul 28 10:57:23 EDT 2022

On 7/28/2022 8:39 AM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode wrote:
> I don't know if I'm surprised or not surprised that the LCB takeup seems to
> be low.

Actually, I am surprised. I have seen mentioned on this list dozens of
LCB widgets and libraries, including those developed by others and
licensed by Livecode for the Summer Bundle. Not hundreds true, but many
dozens. That implies to e there are at least a few dozen LCB developers
out there.

What I'm seeking is just to take what Trevor has already done in LCB for
macOS and set it up for Windows as well. For someone with with
experience at making LCB wrappers for DLLs, I would expect this work to
be a relatively small effort (most likely no more than 1 day). I can
learn how to do this, but I expect it will take me 4-8 times as long. So
basic math says that if I can find someone to perform the task for pay,
it is likely a better option than my trying to spend the time to do it
myself. I also figured, since it would seem to be a small job, that it
might be attractive to an LCB developer out there to fill in and around
other work they are doing.

However, if there are no takers, then I guess I'll just make the time
and jump in.