Stylistic question.

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 01:37:48 EDT 2022

Sorry for the late response, but thanks for the shoutout. I'll also mention
that some time ago I put a fair bit of effort into enabling Navigator to
behavior-ify any set of controls, automatically extracting their built-in
code to script-only-stacks. I did it as part of the migration of Navigator
to SOS behaviors. I haven't checked to make sure, but I believe *all code*
in Navigator is a SOS-behavior; and I did that automatically from a
no-behaviors standing start with a simple command in Navigator itself. The
end result is that there can be any number of Navigator windows without any
duplication of code at all. Previously I had built Navigator with three
built-in copies, at the cost of making it three times as large. That wasn't
such a terrible thing, but I did find that anything beyond three copies
eventually broke (no idea why). Since migrating 100% to behaviors, I've
tried, I think, having ten copies open with no problem.

Disclaimer/warning: I wrote that code five years ago and haven't looked at
it since. No one has told me it doesn't work, but I only used it the one
time on Navigator itself. So work on a copy, please.

gc

On Wed, Jun 22, 2022 at 1:25 PM Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <