What is the best way to trigger an action at a certain time?

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Wed Jul 13 05:20:39 EDT 2022

Whatever works for your situation! At least one of my jobs, which runs a few
times a week (pulling data from an internal system, generating and emailing a
PDF report) has to launch fresh each time because of a bug in the graph widget
which displays wrong if the script runs twice!

There are others where the LC qpp is part of a dance in which other systems
run before and after, so a batch script invoking each in turn is the thing
that's scheduled.

But of course there are contexts in which the best solution is an LC app
waiting for a time or a command at which to leap into action.