LC 9.6.6 oddities when showing/hiding text

William Prothero waprothero at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 21:12:00 EST 2022

I have a stack where I’m hiding and showing text fieldsm, in LC 9.6
I’m doing a show field with effect.
I made it work by putting in a delay before each action, like:

put "show "&lFieldRef&" with visual effect "&quote&tEffect&quote into tDo

--wait for 1 second with messages

wait 500 milliseconds with messages

do tDo

It helps, but still, the field will show briefly, then there is a blank white spot where the field was. If I click on it the field shows like it’s supposed to. The field background is transparent.

It worked in older versions of livecode. Seems like a bug to me.
Any ideas?

Best,
Bill

William Prothero