Sharing a desktop app, or with beta testers

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Wed Jan 26 18:42:03 EST 2022

William,
did you try to run that line from shell? Just as a test?
Is it executed then without a problem?

> Am 26.01.2022 um 23:28 schrieb William Prothero via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>
> pw=x39AB$rp; echo $pw | sudo -S xattr -cr "/Users/prothero/Oceanography Projects/LiveCode-RunRev Projects/1-AA-Current Projects/PT_Explorer
> Projects/EarthExplorer_CurrentWkg-D4/EExp Builds/Earth Explorer2/Earth Explorer.app"

Or could you try to execute this line here from shell
> sudo -S xattr -cr "/Users/prothero/Oceanography Projects/LiveCode-RunRev Projects/1-AA-Current Projects/PT_Explorer Projects/EarthExplorer_CurrentWkg-D4/EExp Builds/Earth Explorer2/Earth Explorer.app"
You then should be asked for the sudo password. Is that working?

I am using here an alpha numeric password. I did not test with any symbols or umlauts. So maybe if your pw contains such special characters this might not be working or maybe macOS 12 is not accepting to pass the password using    echo.

To be honest i only tried with macOS up to 11.6.2.

If you want, we can discuss this further by private email. Use my list email first and i reply from my normal office email then. But not today. I need some sleep.

Regards,
Matthias