Sharing a desktop app, or with beta testers

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Wed Jan 26 14:38:15 EST 2022

Hi Bill,

> Am 26.01.2022 um 20:29 schrieb William Prothero via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>
> Folks:
> Sorry for this question which probably has been answered many times, but …. I’m trying not to waste my day searching around.
> What’s the best way to send a desktop app on Apple OS 12.1 to a friend or beta tester? I sent an app and a security issue came up.

your friend needs to:
1. in the "System Settings" -> Security & Data whatever (I have a german sytem)
check "Allow app downloads from "App Store and verified developers
2. right-click on the app and select "Open..." and confirm one or two othersecurity dialogs

THEN the app will finally start and will always start without any dialogs, however only on that machine.

> Thanks,
> Bill P

Best

Klaus