For the Mathematicians.

francois.chaplais francois.chaplais at mines-paristech.fr
Sat Jan 22 18:37:30 EST 2022

In
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemniscate_of_Bernoulli <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemniscate_of_Bernoulli>
use the formulation in polar coordinates.
You sample theta, compute the corresponding radius r, convert the polar coordinates to usual cartesian coordinates, and draw a line between each point for successive angles theta.

This is an explicit formulation (up to the sign or r, but the figure is obviously symmetric with respect to the origin).

HTH
François