[OT] Converting to LiveCode from VAX VMS

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Tue Jan 11 22:08:52 EST 2022

On 1/11/22 3:57 PM, Jerry Jensen via use-livecode wrote:
> And just think of what to do with the extra floor space!

...but I digress...

back in the 80s I did a contract writing a c preprocessor for a guy who
made a bunch of money off a video game. His accountant said he should
buy a house, and he actually ended up buying two in the Oakland hills.
There was still leftover money, and he was still deep into writing
software, so he bought a VAX and put it in a downstairs bedroom. We
would sometimes come in to use terminals in his house, but more often
we'd log in from home.

He kept close tabs on everyone doing work for him, and would check the
logs frequently to see who was using what apps. Someone (nope - not me)
had the bright idea to remap rogue to teco, so while it looked like he
was using a text editor for hours, he was actually playing a game.
Eventually got caught and the mapping was removed.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com