Can I still change LC code?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jan 10 17:47:04 EST 2022

I agree with Craig that you're better off making your own. There is a built-in mechanism for
this: the dialogData. It's a generic global property, always available, specifically for moving
data between a modal stack and your scripts. You don't need to declare it as a global, it's
always there.

Create a stack with the controls you need, and open it as modal. When the user hits the OK
button (or whatever dismisses the stack,) use a closeStack handler to put the data you need
into the dialogData. Your script will pause when the modal opens and resume when it closes, so
you just get the dialogData in the line after the one that opened the modal.

Be sure to grab the data in the same handler that opened the modal stack, because a lot of
things use it and it can change often.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com