[ANN] Preview of AppStarterStack for Livecode

Tom Glod tom at makeshyft.com
Wed Jan 5 13:46:21 EST 2022

Hello Everyone,

Today I am happy to announce a preview of the AppStarterStack for Livecode
v 0.99.

The AppStarterStack is a Livecode stack that accelerates the development of
rich multi-platform applications using the Livecode development tools and
engine.

It contains many functions and abstractions that every professional
software needs, which you and/or your developer would have to build when
starting a serious software project.

We built the AppStarterStack in order to significantly accelerate the
development of all of our future products.  But why should we be the only
ones to use it and benefit from it?

It is designed to enable founders and developers to focus their team’s
efforts exclusively on the functions and features of their particular
application, without building their application’s architecture from scratch.

With the AppStarterStack as a starting point, even your MVP can look and
work like a polished product.

The AppStarterStack comes with 100s of features out of the box.

* Make Windowed or Fullscreen applications.
* Built for continuous uptime, to run in foreground or minimized.

* Auto-Resizing, Responsive & Non-Blocking Interface

* Up to 4 simultaneous navigation bars in as many configurations as you need

* Contains many 1 line abstractions to accomplish many different tasks

* Non Blocking & Performant

* Built-in Timer, Log, Task Scheduler

* 1 line I/O: File, SQL(lite), HTTP, S3 with progress and error handling

* Easy "Real-Time" updating

* Settings Inputs (Toggle, Input Fields, Slider, Checkbox, Dropdown, Select
File, Select Folder)

* Easy Right-click Menu

* Easy Badges to give updated counts to your users

* Super-Grid (Different grids, using a universal datagrid with 1 universal
“column”.)

* Fully customizable to look the way you want, nearly everything can be
changed to suit your style and needs.

* Multiple premade controls & examples

* Your application can spend nearly its entire development cycle in a
build-able state.  It builds to Desktop & Mobile & (HTML in 2022)

*  It looks and works consistent across all platforms

* 1-click source control export if you want to keep track of code changes.

* Completely open codebase, you can change or fix anything you want or need.

* Goal & Process driven, you will literally transform the AppStarterStack
file into your application.

* Thoughtful architecture to help you be and stay organized with your
project’s design and code.

& so much more

Licensing:

This stack will be licensed on a per use case basis.  To find out if the
AppStarterStack is right for your project, just send me a PM and we can
arrange a time to talk.

Our license model comes with very few restrictions, and is intended to give
you as much flexibility as possible and as few limitations as possible.

Feel free to check out its website for a download and much more
information. If you can, please send questions directly to me.

www.AppStarterStack.com <http://www.appstarterstack.com>

Thank you.

--
Tom Glod