[ANN] Release 9.6.7 RC-1

panagiotis m merakosp at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 14:41:08 EST 2022

Hello all,

During testing I experienced issues when trying to activate LiveCode
automatically (i.e. using email and password), but clicking "Try again"
just after the first unsuccessful attempt fixed the issue for me.

@Bob Sneidar <bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com>

LiveCode 9.6.4 has no Pro or Non-pro edition - it has just one. Same with
LC 9.6.6. So I assume you maybe downloaded a Pro (Business?) edition of LC
9.6.3 or below? Where did you get that version? From the downloads page, or
from your account? Also, for which platform? In any case, I think the best
way to resolve any licensing issues is what you did - i.e. to contact
support at livecode.com and provide details about your license.

@HENRY LOWE <hlowe at me.com>

Yes, it is expected that the very first time you license LC 9.6.7 rc1 the
password field is NOT pre-entered. This happens because we have done some
changes under the hood for the secure local storage of user credentials.
Presently, this is only supported on mac (using the keychain) and windows
(using windows credential manager). So next time you re-license LC 9.6.7
RC-1 or future releases, the password should be pre-entered.

@Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net>

Did you manage to activate this version?

PS:
*>>>>I'm guessing this didn't get much testing before release.*

Heh, in fact this build was extensively tested license-wise before release
:)

Kind regards,
Panos
--

On Fri, 25 Feb 2022 at 21:15, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <