resetall?

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Tue Feb 22 21:44:46 EST 2022

On 2/22/22 00:52, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:

> Can you clarify what you mean by the 'socket seems to not be responding'?

Sure. Here you go.

I'm communicating between a standalone and a stack in the IDE. I've
tried this with 9.6.3, 9.6.6, and 10.0.0-rc2 with the same results, so I
don't think there's anything new that is causing problems.

Mostly this is working, but I'm finding situations where things get
unresponsive.

I'm finding that one side or the other seems to be locked in a
waiting-for-input mode on a particular socket and on exit never seems to
have let go of that socket. So (re)opening the socket doesn't do
anything useful because the previous incantation is still blocking input
to it. I've put "close socket" calls into the socketError and
socketTimeout handlers, and having to reboot to clear the sockets is
getting old.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com