Message box failure in 10.0.0?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Feb 20 18:48:50 EST 2022

I'm trying out LC 10.0.0dp2 and the message box doesn't seem to be working. I'm just checking
here before I report it, in case it's just me. None of the following work, the message box
doesn't error but no response appears:

put the number of cds
put the number of cds of this stack
put the number of cards of stack "mystack"
the rect of stack "mystack"
edit script of <control>
etc.

This works sometimes:
set the rect of this stack to <coords>

I'm not positive but it seems that "put" isn't working but "set" does. Maybe.

Also, keyboard shortcuts do not open the script editor, nor do contextual menus show when
Cmd-Control-Shift clicking. The only way I can currently get to scripts is via the property
inspector button or the Objects menu. Cmd-opt-click doesn't open scripts of controls, and since
those aren't in the Object menu I need to use the property inspector since typing "edit script
of btn <whatever" in the message box does nothing.

I've double-checked the Messages button in the toolbar and toggled it a few times, but no
change. I tested on a couple of stacks in case it was stack-related.

Just me?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com